[gst-devel] problem playing h.264 file

Carlos Molina cmdr at tid.es
Thu Jun 21 14:53:55 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I was working with a pipeline that capture video from a camera device,
codify h.264 , decodify  and display:
something like that:

gst-launch videotestsrc ! x264enc byte-stream=true ! ffdec_h264 !
xvimagesink

This pipeline works really fine.

but when I tried to record a h.264 file and play it, I found some problems
I try:
gst-launch videotestsrc ! x264enc byte-stream=true ! filesink
location=prueba.264

and

gst-launch filesrc location=prueba.264 ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink

It is possible to play prueba.264 with mplayer, vlc or other player but
not through gstreamer.

Maybe it is needed some parameter in ffdec_h264 or something else..?

Thanks in advance

Carlos Molina del Rio
Telefonica I+D
Tel: (+34)933653064