[gst-devel] patch for JACK audio sink

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Mar 9 21:35:11 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 22:02 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 09:13 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> > the enclosed patch corrects the management of port resources that leads
> > to segfaults when switching stream states in a pipeline. ports are now
> > owned by the sink, not the ring buffer.
> >
> > tested in rhythmbox and pyTunes, against JACK 0.103.0 (not that the JACK
> > version makes any difference at all)
>
> this new patch follows some discussions with wim and further testing
> with pytunes today.

and this new patch corrects wim's code so that it doesn't deadlock.
comments in the patch make it clear what is going on.

wim - there is still *way* too much teardown of JACK connections going
on. i talked to thaytan about this on #gstreamer, and it seems fairly
endemic to the current way that playbin works. we should come up with a
better solution.

--p