[gst-devel] GStreamer Summer of Code 2007

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 18:05:52 CET 2007

Hi all,

  Christian has sent in the application form for GStreamer to be one
of the groups sponsored during the Google Summer of Code. What we now
need is for people to submit ideas for projects that could be done.

  We will not only accept projects working directly on gstreamer or
plugins, but also on any software using GStreamer. So that means
projects working on software such as Totem, Rhythmbox, Banshee,
Jokosher, Pitivi, gnome-media, Buzztard, Thoggen, Amarok, Flumotion,
Exaile are gladly accepted under this banner.
  The same goes for projects related to technologies used by GStreamer
like Schrodinger (our Dirac implementation), liboil (our optimisations
library), swfdec (our Flash decoder) and others, you could even
propose a SoC project related to glib as long as you manage to
convince us the work you are undertaking has a clear benefit for
GStreamer (for example performance improvements).

  Whether you are a student who would like to help improve GStreamer
and the applications surrounding it and make some nice summer pocket
money, or you are a maintainer of any of the applications or plugins
above and you would like to propose some projects, rush to the
GStreamer SoC wiki page to add your proposals.

  The wiki page for more info and proposals is at :
http://live.gnome.org/GStreamer/SoC2007

  YOU can help make GStreamer rock even more !

--
Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.