[gst-devel] GStreamer Summer of Code 2007

Salvatore Benedetto emitrax at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 19:38:08 CET 2007

Nice. But how is this going to work?

I did wanted banshee to apply to Gsoc2007 , so I wrote in their mailing list
(along with other students) some ideas and now apparently they applied.

http://banshee-project.org/GSoC2007

Are you planning to have some sort of collaboration with banshee developers?

I proposed support for radio cards through video4linux.

Salvo

On 3/10/07, Edward Hervey <bilboed at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   Christian has sent in the application form for GStreamer to be one
> of the groups sponsored during the Google Summer of Code. What we now
> need is for people to submit ideas for projects that could be done.
>
>   We will not only accept projects working directly on gstreamer or
> plugins, but also on any software using GStreamer. So that means
> projects working on software such as Totem, Rhythmbox, Banshee,
> Jokosher, Pitivi, gnome-media, Buzztard, Thoggen, Amarok, Flumotion,
> Exaile are gladly accepted under this banner.
>   The same goes for projects related to technologies used by GStreamer
> like Schrodinger (our Dirac implementation), liboil (our optimisations
> library), swfdec (our Flash decoder) and others, you could even
> propose a SoC project related to glib as long as you manage to
> convince us the work you are undertaking has a clear benefit for
> GStreamer (for example performance improvements).
>
>   Whether you are a student who would like to help improve GStreamer
> and the applications surrounding it and make some nice summer pocket
> money, or you are a maintainer of any of the applications or plugins
> above and you would like to propose some projects, rush to the
> GStreamer SoC wiki page to add your proposals.
>
>   The wiki page for more info and proposals is at :
> http://live.gnome.org/GStreamer/SoC2007
>
>   YOU can help make GStreamer rock even more !
>
> --
> Edward Hervey
> Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
> http://www.pitivi.org/

Salvatore Benedetto (a.k.a. emitrax)
Student of Computer Engineering and Telecommunications
University of Messina (Italy)
www.messinalug.org

skype:emitrax
icq:299985329

No to global warming!
http://www.climatecrisis.net/
http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/

Siti di vera informazione Italiana
www.beppegrillo.it

Please do not send me any word, excel or power point file