[gst-devel] Pipeline With Multiple Sinks?

Mark Nauwelaerts manauw at skynet.be
Sun Mar 18 15:39:11 CET 2007

Itay Kirshenbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build a simple pipeline with multiple sinks.
> The structure is - videotestsrc ! ffenc_mpeg4 ! tee
> I then create two src pads on the tee, link each of them to a different
> muxer (matroskamux) and link each muxer to a filesink.
> With only one sink in the pipeline, it works great. The tee pushes the
> buffer on both source pads, and both muxers  receive them.
> Once I include the second sink in the pipeline, it stops working.
>
> Any idea what i'm doing wrong? Anything special that I need to do for it
> to support multiple sinks?

If by "stops working" you mean that the pipeline simply stops, i.e. blocks, then
you may not have inserted queue's following the tee element.  Doing so should
solve this [since each sink will hold its thread in PAUSED state, but with only
1 thread the other sink does not get a chance to reach PAUSED].

If you mean something else (or do have queues), then what precisely ?

Regards,
Mark.