[gst-devel] re: Re: how to use qtdemux to demux h264 stream from MP4?

zhangfei gao gaozhangfei at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Mar 22 14:24:01 CET 2007

hi, jp_liu

  "h264.c" in ffmpeg has useful information of how to parse "codec_data" which get set_caps.
  "codec_data" has all the nal_length, sps data and pps data.

  Thanks
Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net> 写道:
  jp_liu wrote:
> Hello, gstreamer-devel
>
> How to use qtdemux to demux h264 stream from MP4?
> The demuxed h264 stream looks have no startcodes before every NAL
> Unit. So, Some key information ( such as: SPS PPS ....) is missed. It
> caused my H264 decoder can not decode the frame which demuxed by qtdemux .
> How can I solve this problem?

I think the information your decoder is looking for is the stuff
provided by the 'codec_data' in the caps. This is the header information
that quicktime stores and provides separately from the actual data stream.

Regards,
Jan.