[gst-devel] video over network examples

Zaheer Merali zaheermerali at gmail.com
Wed May 9 11:11:11 CEST 2007

On 5/9/07, Chris Bare <chris at bareflix.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to come up with a gst-launch command to send video from one machine
> to another over the network. I tried the following:
>
> server
> gst-launch-0.10 -v -m -t v4lsrc device=/dev/video0 !  "video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=300/16" ! theoraenc quality=5 ! tcpserversink

Add a gdppay between theoraenc and tcpserversink.

> client
> gst-launch-0.10 -v -m -t tcpclientsrc !  xvimagesink

You need to change this to: tcpclientsrc ! gdpdepay ! theoradec ! xvimagesink

The gdppay and gdpdepay elements serialise and deserialise the buffers
(including caps, timestamps etc.) and events. This allows the client
side to know exactly what is being received.

Zaheer