[gst-devel] video over network examples

Chris Bare chris at bareflix.com
Wed May 9 19:57:34 CEST 2007

> > server
> > gst-launch-0.10 -v -m -t v4lsrc device=/dev/video0 !  "video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=300/16" ! theoraenc quality=5 ! tcpserversink
> >

> Add a gdppay between theoraenc and tcpserversink.
>
> > client
> > gst-launch-0.10 -v -m -t tcpclientsrc !  xvimagesink
>
> You need to change this to: tcpclientsrc ! gdpdepay ! theoradec ! xvimagesink
>
> The gdppay and gdpdepay elements serialise and deserialise the buffers
> (including caps, timestamps etc.) and events. This allows the client
> side to know exactly what is being received.

Thanks, that made it work. Is there a way to reduce the latency? With theora
in there, there's about a 7 second delay when both clients are on the same
machine. Without theora, it works and there is minimal delay. If I just
send theora to xvimagesink there is also minimal delay, so it's the
combination of tcp and theora that introduces the delay.
--
Chris Bare
chris at bareflix.com