[gst-devel] Subject: Likely issue in gst_element_seek() ?

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Nov 17 18:09:41 CET 2007

Hi,

>  Hello all,
> THE ISSUE:
> I am trying seek function (using gst_element_seek() ) for mp3 playback.
> When I seek (with flag GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH) the audio goes off. After a
> few repeated seeks the audio comes back. However, this is not consistent.

Flag FLUSH means flush all buffers that already have been send, but not yet played.

> I also observed that the gst pipeline is intack – no assertions, no
> hang-ups.
>
> CONCERN:
> Could this be a bug in seek() function?

Unlikely, I would say its because of the big raw buffer on the audiosink and the
use of flush. The arm cpu will take a while to decode new buffers.

> WHERE DID THIS HAPPEN?
>
> On my Nokia 770 (This is not observed on my PC!)
>   Using mad plugin in the pipeline
>   Internet 0S 2006 Version: 2.2006.39-14
>   Cross-compiling on scratchbox (Using
> scratchbox-toolchain-cs2005q3.2-glibc-arm-1.0.5-i386.tar.gz)

The pipeline should use the dspmp4sink on this platform. Firts retry without
FLUSH, 2nd try using dspmp3sink

And please try removing the disclaimer before you send the mail - if you can't
use a gmail account (or similar).

Stefan