[gst-devel] Still on mux-demux (was: question about converting a 3gp file)

Angelo Difino angelo.difino at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:38:23 CEST 2007

Hi Steven and all,
sorry for my late reply. I've tried to run the scenario as you
suggested, trying to keep it as easy as possible:

filesrc location=orig.avi ! avidemux name=demux avimux name=mux !
filesink location=dest.avi demux.video_00 ! queue ! mux.video_00
demux.audio_00 ! queue ! mux.audio_00
(open an AVI, demux, queue, mux again and write on disk - i've also
tried with different mux/demux and with encoded data... but the result
is always the same:
the chain reach the PLAYING state, but no data are flowing in it...
all the elements seems correctly instantiated and linked...)

some steps from my test (in attach all the logs):
1) from a c program that build the same chain and from java bridge test case
0:00:00.219000000  4872 003647D0 INFO
            GST_PADS :0:: linked filesrc:src and
avidemux:sink, successful
0:00:00.222000000  4872 003647D0 INFO
            GST_PADS :0:: linked mux:src and
filesink:sink, successful
0:00:00.295000000  4872 040D46A0 INFO
            GST_PADS :0:: linked avidemux:video_00
and queue1:sink, successful
0:00:00.297000000  4872 040D46A0 INFO
            GST_PADS :0:: linked queue1:src and
mux:video_00, successful
0:00:00.299000000  4872 040D46A0 INFO
            GST_PADS :0:: linked avidemux:audio_00
and queue2:sink, successful
0:00:00.300000000  4872 040D46A0 INFO
            GST_PADS :0:: linked queue2:src and
mux:audio_00, successful

2) from command line
0:00:01.537000000 $B"+[333m 4928←[00m 00848F80 ←[32;01mINFO ←[00m ←[00;01;31m
    GST_STATES :0::<pipeline0>←[00m completed state change to PLAYING

I really think that the chain (somewhere) is not running correctly. is
there any problem using the queue on audio and video track?

In attach i include all the logs and test program. Since i've seen
that also someone else notice this problem, i'll be very glad
to be addressed to the problem... i've some time to spend on gstreamer
and i can try to investingate (if we spot a bug).

(i'll be almost everyday on irc channel or be available here by
email... and i work on win32 system)

Best regards,
Angelo