[gst-devel] Avi player- AV Sync new approach

Gaurav Singh gausinghnsit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 10:14:28 CEST 2007

Hi all,
My AVI player application plays Xvid video and MP3 audio. My pipeline is as
follows
filesrc -> avidemux->video decoder->xvimagesink
                |->audio decoder -> audiosink

video decoder, audio decoder and audiosink are custom elements which use
hardware DSPs. To achieve AV sync I followed the following approach -
1. Calculate no. of samples played by audio sink
2. Calculated stream time as GstSystemClock time (current) -
GstSystemClockTime (base)
3. Found the diff between the two times and updated video TIMESTAMPs.

I was able to sync Audio and Video - there was trouble wen I added the pause
play function.(Note : I made allowance for time paused etc.!)
I wanna knw -
1. Is my approach for AV sync sustainable
2. After subclassing GstSystemClock and setting the get internal time
function in my plugin wat else do I have to do to implement my own Gst
Clock?

Thanks
Regards
Gaurav