[gst-devel] display sink with opengl

Pete Nam devpersoaccount at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 10:55:18 CEST 2007

Hi,
thanks for those who replied on my problem with the caps filter, it works fine and smooth now.

I have now a question concerning display plugin. I'm using gstreamer on windows, and currently directdrawsink is the plugin I take for displaying video. However, it seems that the video output uses the cpu kernel and not directly the video card. This makes a bottleneck with our processing tasks: when a lot of video processing goes on, the video output somehow freezes from time to time, which is not nice.
Therefore we would like to use opengl-based video output. It seems there is already something existing for mac os-x, but has anyone tried to adapt it for win32 platform?
Best Regards,
Pete

that gives answers, not web links.