[gst-devel] Playbin FILE protocol plugin

Bhanu Prakash bhanuprakash at tataelxsi.co.in
Thu Oct 11 06:04:44 CEST 2007

Hi all,
I build latest gstreamer packages in windowsXP.
I run the following command

"C:\Gstreamer-latest packages\Release>gst-launch-0.10.exe playbin
uri=file://c:\tab.mp4" in command line. (tab.mp4 is mp4 file with h.264 and
aac)

I am getting the following error.

"ERROR: from element /playbin0: A FILE protocol source plugin is required to
play  this stream, but not installed"

If I run "gst-launch-0.10.exe filesrc location=c:\tab.mp4 ! qtdemux !
ffdec_h264 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! directdrawsink", Video is coming properly.
what is the problem with playbin . Do I need to install any FILE protocol
plugins any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Bhanu

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.

Contact your Administrator for further information.