[gst-devel] Streaming h264 video and AMR audio

Manel Lozano mlozano at tid.es
Thu Oct 11 12:17:54 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying sending a cam capture in RTP paquets but I have some
problems... The pipeline I'm using is:

gst-launch-0.10 -v v4lsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480 !
ffmpegcolorspace ! x264enc byte-stream=true bitrate=300 key-int-max=6
subme=6 me=3 vbv-buf-capacity=1000 ! ffmux_mpegts name=mux mux. ! queue
! rtpmp2tpay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=1234

I need to encode the video with h264 codec. The pipeline is correct but
the result isn't good. When I try to receive the stream from VLC the
video quality is bad, and the video stops every 2 or 3 seconds...

Does anyone knows if there is any type of incompatibility between h264
codec and mpegts mux? Which are the best codecs and muxs to do streaming?

Now I'm only working with video, but then I want to add the sound from
the cam and I will need to mux both of them in a container.

Thanks!

Manel