[gst-devel] Some basic video plugins

Paul Jack poetbeware at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 08:35:56 CEST 2007

>   don't hesitate to ask for help, these are really needed plugins for
> video editing.

Hi, thanks for replying. I'm starting with the channel_copy plugin and
have something that seems to work. I'm extending GstBaseTransform, and
I have a few questions regarding caps negotiation.

Here's what I want: All of the plugins I've listed should work in RGBA
with 8, 16 or 32 bpp. So the caps on my pads look like
"video/x-raw-rgb, bpp = (int) { 8, 16, 32 }".

However, I want it to be the case that the sink pad caps are always
the same as the src pad caps. So if I'm given an 16 bpp stream, I want
to produce 16 bpp, not 8bpp. Other parameters like width and height
should stay the same as well.

My question is, what do I have to do to ensure that? Does
GstBaseTransform take care of that for me, or do I need to override
some caps negotiating stuff?

-Paul