[gst-devel] RE : Re: Memory leaks

SP GLE spglegle at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 21 08:48:37 CEST 2007

Here are tips to run valgrind ::

#!/bin/sh

export GLIBCPP_FORCE_NEW=1
export GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW=1
export G_SLICE=always-malloc
export G_DEBUG=gc-friendly

DP="/to/the/path/of/supp/files/"
SUPP="--suppressions=/usr/lib/valgrind/glibc-2.3.supp
--suppressions=${DP}gstreamer/common/gst.supp
--suppressions=${DP}gst-plugins-base/common/gst.supp
--suppressions=${DP}gst-plugins-good/common/gst.supp
--suppressions=${DP}gst-plugins-bad/common/gst.supp
--suppressions=${DP}gst-plugins-ugly/common/gst.supp
--suppressions=${DP}gst-ffmpeg/common/gst.supp"

OPTS="-v --trace-children=yes --track-fds=yes --time-stamp=yes
--tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes --leak-resolution=high
--freelist-vol=10000000 --show-reachable=yes --num-callers=40 ${SUPP}"

valgrind $OPTS $*

<<

I've tried the following cmd ::

 gst-launch audiotestsrc ! filesink location=/dev/null

I don't have any memleak. Which revision of GStreamer do you use ?