[gst-devel] location of plugins on a windows system...

Philip Pellouchoud pellouch at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 16:07:44 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I am new to gstreamer and I am running into something simple that I can’t seem to fix.

I’ve got a very tiny app:

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
    gst_init(NULL, NULL);

    guint nMajor(0), nMinor(0), nMicro(0), nNano(0);
    gst_version(&nMajor, &nMinor, &nMicro, &nNano);

    GMainLoop* loop(NULL);
    loop = g_main_loop_new(NULL, FALSE);

    GstElement* play = gst_element_factory_make("playbin", "play");
    g_object_set (G_OBJECT (play), "uri", "C:\\test.mp3", NULL);

    return 0;
}

play is NULL.

That’s because it can’t find the libgstplaybin.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\GStreamer\0.10\lib\gstreamer-0.10.

If I CD to C:\Program Files\Common Files\GStreamer\0.10\bin and run
gst-launch-0.10.exe playbin uri=file://C:\\test.mp3

This works great.  Plays the file and everything.  I think what’s happening is that within my app (which is in a totally different directory), it can’t find that DLL, and so it can’t create the “playbin” element.  I tried copying those DLLs into my application/debug directory but it didn’t help, that kept returning NULL.

Any help would be great, thanks!

-phil