[gst-devel] GStreamer and automatic speech recognition

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Thu Apr 3 03:20:58 CEST 2008

<quote who="David Huggins-Daines">

> I've just created a short tutorial about integrating the PocketSphinx
> speech recognition engine with Python, GTK+ and GStreamer:
>
> http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/cmusphinx/moinmoin/GStreamer
>
> This is all quite bleeding-edge (and the default language model in
> PocketSphinx is pretty bad so you shouldn't expect accurate
> recognition), but I'd appreciate any feedback on the tutorial or the
> implementation.

This is thoroughly awesome. I built it without too much trouble (attaching
one small patch), unfortunately as you suggested I just seem to get
gibberish from the actual recognition. It'll be sweet when it works though
:)

J.
Jan Schmidt                                  thaytan at mad.scientist.com

<stibbons> Yeah.  The whole climax thing would make much more sense
           if I'd paid attention.