[gst-devel] gnonlin memory leak?

Edward Hervey edward.hervey at collabora.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 11:56:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 15:14 +0200, Mathis Hofer wrote:
> hi
>
> I'm using gstreamer 0.10.18 and gnonlin 0.10.9 on ubuntu hardy (the same
> happens on gutsy) and I have a problem with this simple gnonlin program:
> http://pastebin.org/27154
>
> either I am doing something wrong here, or there is a pretty serious
> memory leak. it looks like the audio files don't get freed after they
> have been played.
>
> the effect with this equivalent python script:
> http://pastebin.org/27157
>
> I've searched the bugzilla database, but did not found anything like this...
>
> I'd be very glad, if somebody could reproduce this or give me a hint
> what I'm doing wrong.

  The GnlSource you add to a composition will not be freed after they've
been played (else you wouldn't be able to seek back). Although that
shouldn't result in a big leak.

  You might want to run your C program under Valgrind to find what
exactly is leaking. You will find some good information about how to
debug gst-based applications here :
  http://www.buzztard.org/index.php/Debugging#Valgrind

   Edward