[gst-devel] Running gstreamer in MAC OS X -- Leopard

Philip Joseph pjoseph at ureach.com
Fri Apr 25 01:00:57 CEST 2008

Hi-

  I have built gstreamer in MAC OS  (Leopard) and I am attempting to run it.
When I call gst-launch (with or without arguments), I get the following output
many times:

------
The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality
safely. You MUST exec().
Break on
__THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__()
to debug.
------

followed by this line right before the program exits:

-------
Error initializing: Error re-scanning registry , child terminated by signal
-------

Has anyone ever run into this issue?  Does anyone know of a fix?

Per discussion on this webpage,
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2005/tn2083.html#SECDAEMONVSFRAMEWORKS
I have attempted to run gst-launch through launchd, but I was unsuccessful in
doing so.  I am new to MAC, so it might be that I am just missing something
small, but I have no clue.

I also did a general search on the error, but was unable to figure out what
would be a good fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil