[gst-devel] Does gstreamer plug-ins support hardwareacceleration

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Fri Aug 8 18:31:51 CEST 2008

OpenMAX is an excellent infrastructure to unify/enable hardware acceleration for Media (and 2D, 3D), however it is newer to Linux world.
And most Graphics card enabled XvMC in their driver, So I still like to know the XvMC in Gstreamer.
Does Gstreamer framework itself should care about XvMC? Or the codec elements (for example ffmpeg libavcodec) cover the XvMC?

By the way:
I think we care for the layer between hardware (driver) and the codecs; that should be DL layer in OpenMAX.

Thanks.