[gst-devel] Not able to evaluate .264 file

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Aug 8 19:32:02 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 8:09 AM, john david <mediadevel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         I tried to encode  .264 file using mpeg2video ES, but i'm not able
> to evaluate using any evaluation tool.
>
> Command used
>
> gst-launch filesrc location=sample_mpg2video.es ! mpeg2dec !
> ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-yuv,height=336,width=448 !
> x264enc bitrate=900 ! filesink location=test.264

You can't feed an elementary stream directly into mpeg2dec; that won't
work. You'll need to use a parser, perhaps mpegvideoparse?

Generally, elementary streams are really uncommon, so there's not as
much effort put into supporting them - if it still doesn't work, then
a) you _need_ to tell us precisely how it fails, and b) you might need
to work on the parser a bit.

Mike