[gst-devel] How can I get detailed information about those packets dropped by rtspsrc ?

Ting Wang wangting at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 11:17:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm using Gstreamer to setup a streaming video client using rtspsrc. Thanks
to the help from Aurelien, I successfully setup the pipeline and it's
rolling good. Now I find that with the packet drop is quite frequent even in
locale area network. I have been tried to configure the parameter "latency"
on rtspsrc/gstrtpjitterbuffer, but they didn't help. The video source rate
is 788kbps, lasts 6 seconds. By dumping the received file to disk, it turned
out that only a quarter of the stream was successfully received ("gst-launch
-v rtspsrc location=rtsp://10.38.164.205/water_mpeg4.mp4 !
gstrtpjitterbuffer latency=20000 ! rtpmp4vdepay ! filesink
location=./stream.m4v"). Most of them was dropped for some reason I don't
know. How can I get information regarding those drooped packets? Thank you
for your advice :)

Best regards

-felix