[gst-devel] Re : How can I get detailed information about those packets dropped by rtspsrc ?

Aurelien Grimaud gstelzz at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 12 20:33:56 CEST 2008

Hi, there is already a gstrtpjitterbuffer inside rtspsrc, so no need for a second one.

You can run your gst-launch with GST_DEBUG=3 or 4 or 5 to track the received buffers.
Are you sure RTP is sent correctly ? received correctly ?
packets are lost in your network ?
network card fails ...

Check sent packet with wireshark on sending host 10.38.164.205.
Check received packet with wireshark on receiving host.
wireshark will decode RTP, you will be able to see wether there are packet drops in your network or not.

Initial file (water_mpeg4.mp4) contains only video ?
How do you find out that a quarter of the stream is received ?
Could remaining 3/4  be audio ?

You can use "rtpmp4vdepay ! mpeg4videoparse ! ffmux_mov ! filesink" to get a viewable file and see if those dropped buffers are really dropped.

Aurelien