[gst-devel] Re : How can I get detailed information about those packets dropped by rtspsrc ?

Ting Wang wangting at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:06:32 CEST 2008

Aurelien,

Thank you for your help. I enabled GST_DEBUG on gstrtpjitterbuffer and
udpsrc. From the log, I can see part of the UDP packets are missing (there
exists gap of the packet number between consecutive packets that are pushed
into jitterbuffer). If I force rtspsrc to use TCP for all transmissions,
then everything is perfect and no packet is dropped thanks to TCP's flow
control and retransmission. Since I'm using Darwin Streaming Server, I guess
the server is pretty aggresive in sending out UDP packet, my client board
cannot catch up the incoming UDP packets and packet drop happens. Maybe I
have to find out someway to control the sending rate at the server side when
using UDP.

Best regards,
Felix