[gst-devel] Dv grabber pipeline

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:06:59 CEST 2008

Hi,

  The reason why the output isn't seekable is because the transcoding
pipeline wasn't terminated properly. The source (dv1394src) needs to
emit an EOS event so that the muxer can properly 'close' the file.

  I don't think there is any way to make the source properly emit EOS
with gst-launch-0.10 unfortunately. You can write a simple python script
using that pipeline and when you want to stop the recording, send an EOS
event to the source element (dvsrc.send_event(gst.event_new_eos())).

   Edward