[gst-devel] Turning on debug spew in typefind?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 19:27:58 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 09:59 -0700, Edward Averill wrote:

> Ok, I've tried every flag I could find for GST_DEBUG, to try to get
> ALL the typefind code to emit its debug output, but no joy.
>
> Is there a comprehensive list of GST_DEBUG options out there
> somewhere?  Or, lacking that, can someone tell me how to turn on all
> the typefinding debug spew?
>
> I have a stream that plays back fine from a filesrc, but with my
> custom http source element the type finding says it can't figure out
> the type, which is why I need to get all the debug output I can..

I'm usually too lazy to find out the appropriate debug categories too
(typefind element, typefind bits in core, typefindfunctions in -base),
so I usually just do something like:

  GST_DEBUG=*:5 gst-launch-0.10 ... 2>&1 | grep typefind

(In my experience the debug output is rarely useful in figuring out such
problems though, it's often much easier to just look at what the
typefinder in question is doing and then go from there).

Cheers
 -Tim