[gst-devel] ASF over RTSP/RTP?

Eric Zhang nicolas.m.zhang at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 03:08:54 CET 2008

Hi, gstreamer-devel:

    1. MMS has been deprecated and now windows media player will first try
to use RTSP method to play a `mms://' movie.

    2. Now in gstreamer, rtspsrc sends a PLAY method with Range header to
perform seek but some RTSP server needs the client PAUSE the play first. So
that's why the seek doesn't work. I have submitted a bug report to gstreamer
and the bug has been accepted so I think the seek will be ok in next
gst-plugins-good release.

Eric Zhang