[gst-devel] ASF over RTSP/RTP?

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:49:30 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 17:27 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 09:50 +0800, Eric Zhang wrote:
> > Hi, gstreamer-devel:
> >
> >     It's cool, I also need an asf depay. I think this plugin will be
> > added into gstreamer soon.  Maxim, which rtsp server do you use? It
> > only supports TCP? I am looking for a TCP environment for RTSP/RTP
> > testing, Thanks.
> This is internal university server.
>
> The problem is that that server DO support audio via udp, but doesn't
> support video via UDP:
>

> RTSP/1.0 461 Unsupported Transport
> Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 14:51:40 GMT
> CSeq: 4
> Session: 15470279350565986777;timeout=120
> Server: WMServer/9.1.1.3862
> Supported: com.microsoft.wm.srvppair, com.microsoft.wm.sswitch,
> com.microsoft.wm.eosmsg, com.microsoft.wm.fastcache,
> com.microsoft.wm.packetpairssrc, com.microsoft.wm.startupprofile
>

> It would be great to see that patch in gstreamer.
>

> Best regards,
> 	Maxim Levitsky

Here an example:

rtsp://wm.nasa-global.speedera.net/wm.nasa-global/ksc/edw_113008_sts126_landing.wmv?SAMI=http://anon.nasa-global.edgesuite.net/anon.nasa-global/ksc/edw_113008_sts126_landing.smi

Note that actual url was mms://
Usual microsoft tactic.

How about to detect this, and use rtsp as a fallback to mms:// ?

What do you gstreamer developers think?

It seems that things are rather inactive here.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky

PS:

When trying to watch media on the web, I run into lots of unsupported
files, some, and maybe many are supported, but for some reasons don't
work.

I try to provide you with links and detailed explanation of issues.

Also I want to note that for some reason seek doesn't work with the asf
over rtsp, maybe the rtsp is guilty as it never sends PLAY with range
params, instead it sends TEARDOWN

Hope you don't ignore me, as I want to help at least a bit to make
linux on-line video experience a bit better.