[gst-devel] framerate and deinterlace2

Cameron Gorrie sastraxi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 23:11:25 CET 2008

> So I do not understand why 1080i still exist because interlacing was
> iniatilly used for CRT tv to avoid flickering.
There are a number of people whose argument is that having motion
captured twice as fast makes things like sporting events easier to
watch, and this is done without increasing bandwidth requirements. My
personal opinion is that I've had enough hours editing videos and
developing applications to feel like I've wasted a significant amount
of my life because of interlaced videos. Apologies for this tangent,
in any case.

Cameron