[gst-devel] flutsdemux src pads

Dan Taylor dtaylor at startrac.com
Fri Dec 12 00:36:17 CET 2008

I have been able to play ATSC video with dvbsrc, flutsdemux, ...
using a gst-launch command line (within a shell script that parses
and mplayer channels.conf):

gst-launch --gst-debug-no-color dvbsrc modulation="QAM 256"
frequency=${FREQ} !
 flutsdemux name=ts  program-number=${PROGRAM}
 ts.audio_${HAID} ! decodebin ! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0
!
  audioconvert ! alsasink
 ts.video_${HVID} ! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0 ! mpeg2dec
!
  queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0 ! videoscale method=0 !
  video/x-raw-yuv, height=608 ! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0
!
  ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink force-aspect-ratio=true

If I do not specify the audio and video PIDs, I get nothing.

I am now trying to replicate the functionality in a "C" program.  The
problem is that I do not have the audio_%04x and video_%04x pads until
the stream begins to decode.  Unlink decodebin, which emits the
"new-decoded-pad" signal, flutsdemux has no way to tell me that it
has created the "sometimes" pads.

Could someone point me to an example or reference that describes
dynamically
linking to the src pads of flutsdemux?