[gst-devel] flutsdemux src pads

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 12:43:15 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 15:36 -0800, Dan Taylor wrote:

> (...)
> I am now trying to replicate the functionality in a "C" program.  The
> problem is that I do not have the audio_%04x and video_%04x pads until
> the stream begins to decode.  Unlink decodebin, which emits the
> "new-decoded-pad" signal, flutsdemux has no way to tell me that it
> has created the "sometimes" pads.

It should emit "pad-added" signals, see:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstElement.html#GstElement-pad-added

(gst-inspect doesn't list the standard GObject, GstObject and GstElement
properties and signals, only those added by subclasses of GstElement).

Btw, flutsdemux has been moved to gst-plugins-bad recently and is now
superseded by the new 'mpegtsdemux' there.

Cheers
 -Tim