[gst-devel] DirectShow- RGB - DIBs

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 19:35:13 CET 2008

Hi,

When a Video Capture Device supports RGB then in dshowvideosrc the video rgb
data is converted from bottom-up to top-down with a "for" and "memcpy"s.
(because gstreamer wants top-down).

According to this document:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms787796(VS.85).aspx  it should be
possible to use a negative height in order to get a top-down rgb data.
And so we could avoid the "for" + "memcopy"s.

I tried on two different Video Capture Devices that can only output RGB24.
I set the VIDEOINFOHEADER.bmiHeader.biHeight to -height instead of +height)
But I got a crash which happens in a Windows dll.

Does anybody know any informations about it ?

Thx

Sincerely

Julien