[gst-devel] gnonlin

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 15:23:47 CET 2008

Hi all,

  Managed to find some time to have a look at this, and I'm seeing
different issues.
  The provided example can be trimmed even more (by not adding the last
adder and source) and will cause a deadlock (yes !).

  The problem I'm seeing is that the first 5s play fine, then the
following 5s are fine too (first source is mixed with second source),
but the it just hangs before switching to the 'second-source-only'.
  Digging some more, the problem is that one of the two sources stops
too early, resulting with remaining data in one of the adder's
collectpad, and therefore blocking waiting for the other stream to
produce data.
  And that seems to be due to mpegaudioparse aborting too early,
thinking it has sent out enough data for the configured segment. Maybe
Sebastian has a better idea of what's going wrong there.

  Since I can't reproduce the exact behaviour, maybe the best at this
point would be to open a bugzilla item along with full debug logs and
report of what behaviour is happening.

   Regardless of segments and bugs, I wish you all a merry xmas and/or
end-of-year celebrations,

      Edward