[gst-devel] gstreamer-plugin-gl win32

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Thu Feb 14 01:25:17 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:44:24PM +0100, Julien.Isorce at alumni.enseeiht.fr wrote:
> I saw that gstreamer-plugin-gl is using X11.
> Especially in gstgldisplay.h and .c
>
> I think it should use glut instead of using X11 directly.
> With glut the code is the same on linux and windows. It is one level more
> than X11 and win32 API.
>
> So I want to know if someone is already working ont it ?
>
> Otherwise I can lock the idea and I can work on using glut in
> gstreamer-plugin-gl to manage the display.

GLUT isn't really the right abstraction for removing the X dependency
from libgstgl.  gstgldisplay.c is itself an abstraction layer for
handling GLX connections, which could easily be expanded to include
other backends.  I'm not hugely familiar with GLUT, but I'm pretty
sure there are a number of things that gstgldisplay does (or should
do) that are not handled by GLUT.  In fact, everything except opening
and connection and creating a window.

I'd be happy to look at a patch, though.

dave...