[gst-devel] Desperate @ wits end; newbie help please!

Julien.Isorce at alumni.enseeiht.fr Julien.Isorce at alumni.enseeiht.fr
Thu Feb 21 00:17:05 CET 2008

Hi

Fisrt try this command line :
gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc num_buffers=150 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
ffenc_mpeg4 ! avimux ! filesink location=file.avi

Then try to play the generated file.avi with your best player.

If it works I cannot help your.

If not, CLEAN YOUR ENVIRONEMENT ABOUT CODECS !
So uninstall all your codecs, then reboot :P
Then install ffdshow codecs from:
ftp://clubicvisiteur26463:1203038229@ftpclubic44.clubic.com/temp-clubic-rx184/logiciel/ffdshow_ffdshow_20071215_anglais_11020.zip
or install k-lite-codec-pack_k-lite_codec_pack_3.7.0 codecs.

It resolved the problem on my computer.

My gstreamer configuration :

gstreamer-core   -> release 0.17 february 2008
gstreamer-base   -> release 0.17 february 2008
gstreamer-good   -> cvs february 2008
gstreamer-bad    -> cvs february 2008
gstreamer-ffmpeg -> cvs october 2007

release binaries : http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/pkg/windows/releases/