[gst-devel] best way to internally represent an image

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 09:03:31 CET 2008

Hi

>  2. Interface with a program or a library that can dump a movie on the
>  disc in some nice universal format (MPEG2, MPEG4, etc, 480p, 1080p, or
>  user-defined such as 1024x768, etc.) regardless of whether I'll actually
>  use Gstreamer for that purpose or not (but the likeliest candidate at
>  this moment is Gstreamer, it's really nice and powerful)

3D capture (from real time rendering) is tricky, especially for high
resolutions, and especially when you want to capture using GStreamer
(there's no such thing as a glReadPixels src element for gst yet).

As for a simple solution for dumping, check out libseom [1]
If you want to capture "by hand" into gstreamer, you might have to
check apprsc [2]

FLo

[1] http://dbservice.com/projects/seom/
[2] http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/gst-libs/gst/app/gstappsrc.c?revision=1.4&view=markup