[gst-devel] (gst-launch-0.10:27507): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_clip: assertion `segment->format == format' failed

Ruud Schramp schramp at holmes.nl
Thu Jan 17 17:56:07 CET 2008

Hi All,

I am writing a demuxer for a proprietary fileformat. On the audio part I
get this error...

(gst-launch-0.10:27507): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_clip:
assertion `segment->format == format' failed.

Saving my decoded audio with a filesink and playing with "sox" shows the
media is there.

apperantly I need to de something with segments...??? I have tried some
random stuff based on code from wavparse but fail to understand the
exact reasoning....

The stuff I find with segments has mostly to do with seeking. I
currently have no need to seek in this proprietary file format.

Any hints on how to handle setting "format" on a Pad??

I do set timestamps on the GstBuffers (in usecs) but apperantly this
isn't enough for osssink..?

Any hints appreciated,

Ruud