[gst-devel] GstStructure mutability question

José Alburquerque jaalburquerque at cox.net
Fri Jan 18 00:24:09 CET 2008

Hi.  I have a question on the mutability enforcement ability of a
GstStructure.  As I understand it, the structure is owned by a parent
with refcounting capabilities.  The docs say that the structure can make
itself mutable (?) by using the gst_structure_set_parent_refcount()
method, which seems to simply augment the parent's refcount.  I'm
wondering:  Suppose that the parent is refcounted more than once by
other means, would this also make the structure immutable?  Is this
desired/intentional behavior for GstStructure?  Is a GstStructure
supposed to be immutable if its parent is refcounted more than once even
if the gst_structure_set_parent_refcount() method is not used?  Thanks.

-Jose