[gst-devel] How to fit in a GPU accelerated rendering plugin

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:51:25 CET 2008

Hi

To the writer of the accelerated decoder plugin:
* did you use GL shaders for implementing the decoding algorithm ?
* will you commit the code so that i can peek at the implementation ?

I'm wondering if (m)jpeg decoding could be done using the GPU as well;
my project involves a lot of parallel mjpeg streams decoding, and it's
heavy in the end (although running on a quad-core machine), i can
handle about 6 streams at best. The jpeg algo is quite simple,
hopefully t may be quick to do.

Thanks for any info/code about how to develop a GPU-accelerated decoder.

Flo