[gst-devel] [devel] streaming h264

Wai-Ming Ho waiming at ailuropoda.net
Thu Jan 24 10:08:14 CET 2008

Hi,

normally, using the latest CVS source for rtph264pay (in
gst-plugins-good/gst/rtp) , you should be able to retrieve the
sprop-parameter-sets in the negotiated caps. However, VLC should be
robust enough to not require sprop-parameter-sets to display video from
an RTP source. I just verified that on my ubuntu feisty environment.

you should be able to use a simple SDP for the video stream like the
template below (replace the appropriate values in profile-level-id and
sprop-parameter-sets with the ones you see in the caps traces). If you
don't have the sprop-parameter-sets/profile-level-id, just leave them
out completely.

v=0
o=- 12345 1 IN IP4 0.0.0.0
s=foobar
c=IN IP4 192.168.0.125
m=video 4760 RTP/AVP 96
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
a=fmtp:96 profile-level-id=<see_caps>; sprop-parameter-sets=<see_caps>;
packetization-mode=1

of course, always verify that you do have video coming out of the
decoder by checking either with an xvimagesink or fakesink dump=1:

gst-launch -v -m filesrc location=/home/terry/jill.3gp ! qtdemux
name=demuxer \
demuxer.! queue ! ffdec_h263 ! queue ! xvimagesink

if you don't see anything coming out of your decoder, this could be the
reason.

HTH,
waiming