[gst-devel] image metadata on GStreamer

Edgard Lima edgard.lima at indt.org.br
Wed Jan 30 23:42:51 CET 2008

Hello guys,

I have written a plugin to read and write metadata (EXIF, IPTC and XMP)
to image files (JPEG and PNG)

The plugin is at:

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/ext/metadata/

Before you compile it if have to install some of the following lib
(apt-get install should work):

http://libiptcdata.sourceforge.net/
http://libexif.sourceforge.net/
http://libopenraw.freedesktop.org/wiki/Exempi

then you can test it with:

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tests/icles/
(metadata_editor.c and metadata_editor.glade)

You can insert new tags (only the ones that has already been registered)
to see the list of tags, look at:
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/gst/gsttaglist.h?view=markup
(I will create a html file soon with a list of all mapped tags)

and "grep GST_TAG" into

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/ext/metadata/

PLEASE try it a lot, and Open bugs, or Report me, or ask me questions.

btw: the plugin has been written to be extended so other chunk based
file formats can be easily handled too.

Best Regards,
Edgard Lima
edgard.lima at indt.org.br