[gst-devel] RTSP describe/announce, .sdp generation ?

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 20:29:57 CEST 2008

Hi

I'm trying to send frames to various streaming servers from gstreamer.
These tools need an .sdp file to work when no auto-announce mechanism
is available. So far i got no success at all, trying:

gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! capsfilter caps="video/x-raw-yuv,
format=(fourcc)I420, width=(int)640, height=(int)480,
framerate=(fraction)30/1" ! queue ! x264enc byte-stream=true
bitrate=500 ! rtph264pay ! udpsink port=5000 host=127.0.0.1 sync=false

I'm trying to get an overview on how gstreamer does (if it already
does) handle SDP annoucement or file generation. I looked into the
gst-plugins-good/test/examples/rtp/client-H264.sdp file, yet i see
nothing related to sdp server/sender files...

Is there documentation regarding RTSP / SDP handling somewhere ?
Did anyone manage to stream to darwin streaming server for instance ?
Is the client-H264.sdp file suitable for publishing streams ?

Thanks

Flo