[gst-devel] RtpMux and RtpDemux

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 17:54:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 17:15 +0200, Thomas Winkler wrote:
> Ok, thanks.
> In this case there is no change to mux audio and video into one stream while
> using one udpsink, isn't it?

Well, its not recommended, you could use mpeg, I think you can mux audio
and video into an mpeg stream and then payload that. But the way RTP was
designed is to separate audio and video.

> I've understand rtpmux as element which combines 2 rtp streams (audio and
> video) into one rtpstream...

Nope nope, thats not what it was designed for. it only works if both
streams use the same clock-rate, etc.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk