[gst-devel] RtpMux and RtpDemux

Tomasz Grobelny tomasz at grobelny.oswiecenia.net
Tue Jul 8 20:08:28 CEST 2008

Dnia Tuesday 08 of July 2008, Olivier Crête napisał:
> You're doing it wrong, you should have one RTP session per media type.

I also heard about such recomendations. But where do they come from, what is
the rationale for them? In multicast it may be of some use but in point to
point connections I see nothing wrong in sending 2 streams over one socket
(except the fact that everyone is used to 'one stream - one socket'
approach). In fact I see some benefits in sending two streams over one
connection: you could use congestion control mechanisms of certain protocols
such as DCCP for the whole transmission and not separately for each stream.

That said I would be very interested in having a pipeline described by Thomas
working.
--
Regards,
Tomasz Grobelny