[gst-devel] GStreamer switching to git

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo cascardo at holoscopio.com
Thu Jul 10 05:18:37 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 01:49:18AM +0300, Ole André Vadla Ravnås wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I strongly object to this decision, and for one specific technical
> reason. git does not work acceptably on Windows, and this is caused by
> the basic design of its UI. It's a collection of shell-scripts, and
> thus it relies on MSYS or cygwin. Yes, it "works", but this is like
> telling people that MS Office supports Linux because you can run it
> through WINE.

I will be another one to say mention another alternative for you:
git-cvsserver. However, given the other choices people had already
given, and that git-cvsserver may be another needed setup and may not
serve the purpose of using git if given write access, I think you should
go with the altenatives for using git in Windows. Or you may change
your platform.  :-)

Cheers,
Thadeu Cascardo.