[gst-devel] GStreamer 0.10 testing (gstreamer-editor and other things)

David Jan.Moerike at t-online.de
Fri Jul 4 21:57:32 CEST 2008

I have installed GStreamer on my Windows machine (XP Home), as well as
on my Linux machine (Debian Lenny 4.1 testing distribution). Both
machines are connected to the Internet and also networked with each
other (for example Samba server works and allows exchange of files,
Login from the Windows system to the Debian system via Cygwin and SSH is
possible - text-based login as well as login into GNOME).

Now I want to learn as much as possible about GStreamer, streaming audio
and video from Debian to Windows and vice versa, later also to the
Internet, learn more about Gstreamer-based Debian applications such as
totem-gstreamer and cheese (a program for looking through the webcam).

There is the desire to read a thick book about GStreamer, no matter if
German or English, I couldn't find one, and if really no one exists, I
want to write such a book, possibly together with other authors (some
have written about developing - but because there are gst-editor and
gst-launch I believe that it is also useful for users.).

On my Debian system - after upgrade from etch to lenny, there are some
GStreamer0.8 (for example gstreamer-editor) and some GStreamer0.10
packages. I would like to install and test the GStreamer-Editor version
*0.10* under lenny as soon as it is available as a Debian *binary*
package, because I was not successful with downloading and compiling.

David