[gst-devel] gst-plugins-gl status and direction

Jaap A. Haitsma jaap at haitsma.org
Fri Jul 18 08:11:11 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:26 AM, David Schleef <ds at schleef.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 03:16:04PM -0700, Steve Fink wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:39 PM, David Schleef <ds at schleef.org> wrote:
>> > Code at:
>> >
>> >  git://diracvideo.org/git/gst-plugins-gl.git
>>
>> For people doing a git clone and trying to build it (like me) -- it'll
>> try to check something out of CVS, which won't work. Patch over it for
>> now by making a symlink named 'common' to the 'common' subdir of your
>> main gstreamer source area. Example:
>>
>>   ln -s ../gstreamer/common common
>>
>> (too bad I immediately ran into a versioning problem, so I still
>> haven't managed to build anything...)
>
> I just fixed this.  It specifies the full path to anon cvs now.

Hi,

I checked out the code but if I run the following pipeline

gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! glupload ! gldownload ! ximagesink

It crashes with the following output

Context 1 created
GL_VERSION: 1.3 Mesa 7.0.3-rc2
GLEW_VERSION: 1.5.0
GL_VENDOR: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
GL_RENDERER: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 915GM 20061017 x86/MMX/SSE2
gl mainLoop started
Context 1, EXT_framebuffer_object supported: no
Context 1, ARB_fragment_shader supported: no
Context 1, GLEW_ARB_imaging supported: no
Context 1, GLEW_MESA_ycbcr_texture supported: yes
Caught SIGSEGV accessing address (nil)
Killed

Do the gl plugins still not work for Intel cards?

Thanks

Jaap