[gst-devel] gst-plugins-gl status and direction

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 10:44:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

If you look at the doc in the doc directory, OpenGL 1.4 is the minimum
required because the plugin cannot work withtout FBO (frame buffer object),
and FBO are avaible only with OpenGL >= 1.4.
And you have OpenGL 1.3.

Try to update MESA if possible.

I think it would be possible to have the glimagesink able to run withtout
checiking FBO, later. But if FBO is not available, this element will be the
only one available.

You have to forget about running glupload, gldownload and glfilters withtout
having FBO available.

About the crash, I have not implemented the plugin yet to correctly shutdown
when some of the requirements are not avaiblable (no FBO) or imcompatible
(ex: FBO yes, no GLSL, no IMAGING, MESA yes, input video format I420)
-> I am adding this in my TODO list

"gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! glimagesink" should correctly shutdown in
your case (no FBO) withtout crashing.

J.