[gst-devel] problems with firewire port

Valentina Messeri valedipiu at psand.net
Mon Jul 28 15:21:00 CEST 2008

Quoting Edward Hervey <edward.hervey at collabora.co.uk>:

> Hi,
>
>   Have you tried not specifying the port ? Unless you have several
> cameras on your firewire port you don't need to specify it.
>
>   And a simpler way to test if you're getting anything from that source
> is to try this:
>   gst-launch-0.10 dv1394src ! fakesink
>
>   If that pipeline goes to playing, you're all set.

ok:

  vale at valedipiu:~$ gst-launch-0.10 dv1394src ! fakesinkSetting
pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

but still "could not link dv1394src0 to dv" even if port is not specified....

Can you use firewire port for any other pourpose? i mean can you
suggets any other pipeline i can use for capture only? (sorry very
newbie in gst...)

>     Edward
>
> P.S. 'sudo gst-launch-0.10' <== BAD BAD BAD ! Change your user
> privileges to be able to access that device as non-root.

why? i mean why is that BAD?

thx!!!!!

Vale

http://encosianima.net/